Friday, May 14, 2010

Black bean salad with coriander pesto

This gorgeous mess is brought to you courtesy of Lorna Sass's Complete Vegetarian Kitchen.

It's the Black bean salad with coriander pesto, along with the Warm kale and potato salad.

The black bean salad was especially outstanding. I'm so sorry that I couldn't find the recipe for it online, but the pesto was something like this, with the addition of some chili powder, cumin, and a dash of cinnamon.

Mix it up with black beans, chopped carrots, cooked corn, a little extra lime juice, and some diced roasted red pepper. The recipe didn't call for avocado, but I added it anyway--though strangely to my grief, because the salad was better without. If you own this book, this is highly recommended! If you don't, sorry to cruelly tease you. Really what I'm doing by posting this is killing time so that my stomach has time to catch up with my mouth and I don't run down and eat all the rest of it tonight!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I imagine it is so fresh and bright, and I just love the addition of the green onions. They always seem to add the perfect touch to any dish. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good black bean salad, and I have that cookbook AND ripe avocados! I may just go soak some black beans.

    ReplyDelete