Sunday, April 18, 2010

Frittata with peppers and crispy hash browns


This is, once again, the omelet recipe from Vegan Brunch, but this time in frittata form.

I briefly sauteed sweet red and jalapeno peppers and green onions in a non-stick pan, poured the omelet mix over them, covered the pan, and let cook on medium-low heat until the omelet was set and beginning to brown. The vegetables stayed colorfully on the bottom!

Served here with sprinklings of cashew cheese and chipotle pepper, avocado (as you see), and the simple but interesting hash browns from Simply Recipes. Click on the link for complete instructions and lovely pictures. Suffice it to say that I feel even better about purchasing my potato ricer than I already did now that I see how much more it can do than simply rice potatoes!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooo. I could run potatoes through my new V slicer and make hash browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you'd still need a ricer to drain them, ha! (But I still want a V slicer ;-)

    ReplyDelete