Friday, April 23, 2010

Cannelloni with ricotta, tomato pesto, and sauteed tomatoes


This dish really might as well have been a plate full of soybeans with a few mushrooms and cashews on the side, but how much more delicious when it's in the form of:

1. Crepes from Vegan Brunch, wrapped around:

2. Tofu ricotta from Nonna's Italian Kitchen mixed with some tomato pesto, topped with:

3. Bechamel sauce and almonzano, and baked until hot and golden.

This was actually inspired by the Cannellini with ricotta, pesto, and sauteed tomatoes from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. Though I believe on perusal of the recipe that though I ended up with something which I imagine is pretty similar to what Deborah Madison would have made, I substituted every ingredient except, uh, salt and pepper. Vive la différence!

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I should always eat before I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete