Monday, March 8, 2010

Sandpot tofu with "meats"


This is one of those recipes that, for me, come under the heading "weird but good." It's also one of those dishes from Bryanna Clark Grogan's Authentic Chinese Cuisine that I doubt get made that often. But I've been eyeing the recipe for a while with strange cravings and finally tried it. Bryanna, I'm here! Essentially, this is a bunch of different kinds of vegan "meats" cooked up with reconstituted dried mushrooms in a little sauce. My "meats" were:

yuba
baked seitan balls
seitan meatballs
tofu

Is it good? Yes! I added some baby bok choy but that kind of got lost in the mix. Not so colourful, but it really was tasty and I felt very, very vegan both cooking and eating this dish ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks awesome. I know it's a myth that vegans need to pay close attention to their protein intake, but hot damn if I don't want a plate of that in front of me right now!

    ReplyDelete