Monday, March 22, 2010

Potato-Brussels sprout omelet


What do I do when I'm not blogging?

1. Seasons 1-3 of Prison Break
2. Working on my unpublishable novel
3. Gradually emptying out the freezer

Mostly 2. How fantastic is it to have an alternate life? My friends, it's better than great. I would rather be my fictional heroes than myself any day of the year.

That said, the alternate universe is not always accessible, but when it is, I'm there.

Eating very basically, not exercising, losing my health...how long can it last? This is the most ambitious I've been in a while, a nice potato-Brussels sprout-onion-Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese omelet with salsa and tofu sour cream. Yummy, but it's not quite making it out of the really shaming starch-fest my life has been for the last few weeks. But you must be sick of that sandpot with "meats." I'll be back...

5 comments:

  1. This does look yummy...I'd love to know the omelette recipe...

    Fair play to you writing a novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad, too, but more postings please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your nice comments! Rose, the omelet recipe is from Vegan Brunch, but with extra water added to thin the batter out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks pretty good to me and I'd love for it to magically appear in the kitchen right about now.

    Working on a novel must be very exciting and gratifying.

    ReplyDelete