Friday, February 12, 2010

15-minute chipotle black-eyed pea tortillas

Congratulations to Tami over at Vegan Appetite, whose new cookbook, American Vegan Kitchen, has hit the stores! And congratulations to me for peeping at her blog this evening before I started supper, because she's got a fantastic celebratory recipe up there, one look at which decided me what to have for supper tonight.

I could happily eat this kind of food every day for the rest of my life. As the title of my post indicates, I made a few substitutions in the bean part because I didn't have handy either barbecue sauce or black beans, so I subbed diced canned tomatoes, chili powder, and lots of chili pepper for the barbecue sauce, and black-eyed peas for the black beans, and it was dang good. The slaw, however, which was what really attracted me to the recipe, I made as directed. What a great mix. Served on homemade whole wheat tortillas (just whole wheat flour, a little oil and salt, with water to mix, then rolled out and cooked on a cast iron griddle and served hot), with raw beet and radish confetti sprinkled over. Here it is, flat:


Oh, heavenly day! My whole being is radiating blissful goodwill right now and I'm posting this before I even do the dishes.

1 comment:

  1. Thought those looked great when I saw it on Tami's blog...your version looks super delicious too. I'll be making these soon...perfect for after work.

    ReplyDelete