Sunday, January 17, 2010

Orange seitan


This recipe is from Tofu 666 of What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway? His photographs are so good, and of course he's so talented at plating, that it's still hard for me to believe that for the first couple of years his blog had no pictures at all, but was just, as the blog title suggests, menus or lists of what he and his family ate that day. It's a good place to go for inspiration! Tofu666 doesn't often post recipes, but this one is here, and except for halving it, I made no changes.

I really liked the sauce and will make it often, though next time would like to try zesting the orange instead of cutting up the peel, adding some hot pepper flakes, and using red or orange sweet peppers for the vegetable part. I've been craving fruit and especially citrus lately, and have a lot of it on hand, so that's likely to be soon.

This was served with baby bok choy stir-fried with oyster mushrooms, garlic, and ginger, and, in honour of Tofu666 and his methods, I even molded the jasmine rice into a half-sphere.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a fantastic recipe; I'm craving oranges now too.

    ReplyDelete