Thursday, September 24, 2009

Watermelon margarita


Farewell, summer! Yesterday's record-breaking 34C was a fitting end. I had the day free, so I invited my mom and sister over to celebrate in the afternoon with watermelon margaritas. These are much more delicious than they originally sounded to me when I first read the recipe. Why, I now ask myself, wasn't I making these all summer long, not just once on the very last day? I apologize to the original poster of this recipe, which I downloaded from the Internet some time ago, but now can't find again to link to.

Watermelon margarita
This makes 3 large servings

5 cups watermelon, cubed, seeds and rind removed, and frozen
1 cup silver Tequila
1/2 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup sugar

Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into margarita glasses and garnish with a wedge of watermelon or slice of lemon if you like. This is a great drink, but powerful. Celebrate responsibly, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment