Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Edamame corn salad

This is from Veganomicon, but I found the recipe here. As many in the blogosphere have remarked, this is a deceptively simple salad with fantastic flavours. The smoky sesame, cut ever so slightly by the rice vinegar and soy sauce which don't overpower this salad, a little sea salt…it came together in five minutes or so, chilled while the zucchini was draining for zucchini cakes, and altogether made a very good meal. When will I tire of zucchini cakes? My friends, never, and I'll only stop making them when I run out of zucchini. Which will be all too soon, unfortunately. I'm down to a few late summer deformed fruits which nevertheless have that great zucchini taste/texture/colour/general zucchini amazingness, so bear with me just a little longer…

Edamame corn salad

2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
1 cup fresh corn, or partially-thawed frozen corn
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Generous pinch of salt

Add edamame to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Add the corn and boil for another 2 minutes. Strain into a colander and run under cold water until cool enough to touch. Set aside.

Whisk together sesame oil, rice vinegar, and tamari in a medium size bowl. Mix in edamame and corn and then stir in toasted sesame seeds. Salt to taste. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.

1 comment:

  1. i will never tire looking at your zuchinni cakes...they make me drool

    ReplyDelete