Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yes, leftovers!

Sometimes you can't believe what I say. I had had guests for lunch on Monday, and, among other things, served them my okara gnocchi baked in tomato sauce. It was great, but I made a big pan of it and had some leftovers, and they seemed kind of dried out and unappetizing, as leftovers so often do. So today I had the bright idea of rejuvenating them with béchamel sauce.

I made the sauce, gently stirred in the leftover gnocchi with its sticky tomato coating, and baked the resulting mixture for about 20 minutes in a 350F oven. At the same time, I roasted a few beets and carrots, and 2 minutes before the end threw in some romaine from my parents' garden. While that cooked, I crisped up a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs in Earth Balance to sprinkle on top.

I was so pleased with the result:

No comments:

Post a Comment