Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lemon Pepper Tofu, Quinoa Corn Salad



Tonight's meal is brought to you by:
Isa Chandra Moskowitz – Vegan Brunch - Lemon Pepper Tofu

Rebar – ModernFoodCookbook – Quinoa Corn Salad

Madhur Jaffrey – World Vegetarian - Boiled Beets and Beet Greens with a Horseradish Dressing

My lemon pepper (from Costco) has a lot of salt in it, so next time I'll go easier on it, or dilute it with some whole wheat flour.

All the dressings and sauces in the Rebar cookbook that I've tried so far are outstanding, worth making extra for dipping and drizzling later. This recipe is no-fat, and it was a delicious balance of sweet and tart.

I have been cooking from Madhur Jaffrey's recipes for 25 years and they have never let me down. World Vegetarian is a new purchase, and I'm anticipating with great pleasure working my way through it, especially the large and detailed section on flatbreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment